Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pittsburgh Zoo


I grew up in Pittsburgh, and have been to the Pittsburgh Zoo many times. So naturally, going on this trip felt just like home. When we first arrived, we went into the back room to see some animals up close and personal. This was very cool because in the first grade, I went on a field trip to the zoo and I am pretty sure we were in the same room that we went to in the first grade. The animals that the handlers brought out were a parrot, alligator and a kinkachu. Afterwards we went to the lion area and got a chance to see what the lions do when they are not on exhibit. This was my favorite part of the day because I never thought I would able to be so close to lions before. Naturally, the lighting was bad and some of the photos the photos did not come out the way I wanted them to. Later we visited the aquarium and was able to get great shots of baby sea turtles. And I was able to hold one as well. Later we saw the new baby gorilla in the monkey house. This also brought back memories because when I was two years old, I remember going to the zoo and playing with the baby gorillas at the time. Now, the gorilla that had the new baby was probably the gorilla I played with as a child. This was defiantly a trip that connected a lot of my memories of the zoo together. 

A baby alligator

A lizard that wanted some serious attention

two out of the 5 lions that the zoo currently has

Louis the Giraffe 

Carson the sea turtle

Another shot of a sea turtle swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment