Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mount Davis


Mount Davis was the one trip that I was really looking forward to attending. Mainly because I have been to most of the other places we have gone to and because I am a sucker for a good view. When we first got there, I climbed to the top of the overlook and took it all in. Even though it was a little cloudy, the view was fantastic. I took a few shots and just admired the beauty that I had the chance to see. Climbing down I adventured to the highest, natural point on the mountain. It was great. I don’t know many people that have been to Mount Davis and not many people can say they have been to the highest point in the state. I like accomplishing things to say that I have done them and I am happy to say that I have accomplished this task. Surrounding me, there were many different trees and plants. I noticed that rhododendrons have been almost everywhere we have gone. I question why they are so common in nature.
As we continued walking, we finally hit the highlight of my day, which were the rocks. Im not really happy with the way a lot of the rock photos came out, but the adventures that I had were pretty memorable. I haven't gone rock climbing and hiking in a long time and it is something that I enjoy greatly. Just to be in that environment and exploring that area was just a great way to spend the day. I would of liked to see some wild life, like rattle snakes, or mice, but there is always next time! After exploring the area, some of the class and myself took a group photo and enjoyed lunch basking in the sun with lunch and good conversation. I think in a way, this trip brought the group closer together as a whole. 
The amazing view from the overlook

the rhododendrons that seem to be everywhere we go 

the highest natural point on Mount Davis

the sign!

the beginning of my rock climbing adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment