Monday, January 30, 2012

Presque Isle State Park


When I signed up for this class, I thought we would go out and take pictures of places around Pittsburgh. After hearing all of the places we were going to go, I was really excited. Presque Isle State Park was one of the places I was most excited for. It was very cold, rainy and wet, but I tried to make the best of it. In the beginning, I had trouble figuring out the right exposure to work with because I haven’t taken that many photos of snow before. After a few tries I thought I had it fixed, but when I came back and looked at my photos, I realized that a lot of them were over exposed and tough to work with. There were also a few photos that had water drops on the lens. Oh well! It is what it is and you just have to learn work with what you have. The photos shown are the best ones out of the bunch. I really tried to concentrate on the snow mostly. I have never been to a beach with snow on top of the sand so I had a serious field day with it. Another concentration was the rocks. I have been to many beaches and have always wanted to take photos of waves crashing on them. A lot of my rock photos didn’t come out well, but I had a few that were still able to work. If I could go back in time, I would probably get more close up on the pebbles on the beach and maybe concentrate more on the waves.

I tried to represent every aspect of the beach in this photo. Starting with the sky, moving onto the water, the snow and then the dunes.

This is one of the first photos I took. This makes you think about what you could possibly be walking into when entering the beach.
This is one of my favorite rock photos. I like how you get to see the water breaking on all sides.

This represents the line of where the water hits, and where it stops. I feel like the snow and the sand represent two different worlds. The sand shows what you think a beach should look like and the snow  gives an idea what you think shouldn't be on a beach, but yet it still fits perfectly with the placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment