Monday, January 30, 2012

Point State Park

I tried to concentrate on the vanishing point with the benches and the poles.


This is one of my favorite photos, with the use of red with the rose and the brown dead leaves surrounding it makes the rose just pop out.

I tried to concentrate on the role of thirds with this photo. I think it also really captures an essence of Pittsburgh with the city in the back ground and the Pirates statue, which is the main focus.

The leading lines is represented with the bridge leading into the city. 

For our first assignment in our nature photography class, we took a walk through Point State Park to help us understand how to use our new compasses and get a feel of what our adventures would be like through out the semester. Being so busy with school and other activities, I haven’t had a chance in a long time to really walk through the city. Needless to say I was very excited when I heard about this assignment. When our class started, the weather wasn’t the greatest. It was very cold and cloudy, but I feel like that added to the photos shown to give them the best look they could of gotten that day. In the beginning, it was hard to figure out how to get started and how I wanted to go about taking my photos, but I figured I should start with what I know and work my way from there. For this particular assignment, I really tried to concentrate on the basics of photography to get a good start on my assignments. The main elements that I focused on were vanishing points, the rule of thirds and leading lines. Once I realized what my focus was, the photos just came naturally. Over the years, I have taken so many photos of Pittsburgh, but out of all of the photos I have ever taken, I was never really satisfied with any of them. I really tried my best to make these photos the way I viewed Pittsburgh in my mind. I do think that I accomplished it with these photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment