Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Passive Park


Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the Ohiopyle trip last Saturday. For my makeup assignment, I wasn’t entirely sure what I wanted to do. I don’t have my own car, and buses can only take you so far. Then I realized that there is a small park right up the street from school that I walk past every day, but never had the chance to stop and walk through it. I don’t know if there is a name for this park, but there was a sign near the entrance that read “this is a passive park.” So we will refer to it as the “The Passive Park.” This tiny park consists of many different flowers and statues. Along with those, there are benches and different walk ways to add a small sense of beauty in an area that consists of roadways and man made nature. 
I walked up to the park on a beautiful 70 degree day. The flowers just began to bloom and they trees are getting their leaves back. I am well aware that these trees and flowers are planted there and didn’t go there naturally, but they are still considered nature in my eyes. I really tried to concentrate on the nature of the flowers and left out the road way and urban nature. If you look at just the flowers, you won’t be able to tell that they are right beside a highway exit. No one would ever know the difference.





No comments:

Post a Comment